Thanks for your interest in serving dinner at the We Care Shelter. We have created this information sheet to answer any basic questions you may have:
- Your family or group will purchase, prepare, and serve dinner for approx 49-56 people.
- We suggest that meals be prepared off-site as we may not have sufficient cooking utensils to meet your needs.
- There can be anywhere from 4-10 people in your family or group.
- Hot meals are suggested as the majority of those being served have spent the day outside in the cold weather.
- Dinner suggestions: main dish, side dish, vegetable, bread, dessert and a drink.
- Drink suggestions: milk, soda, juice, hot chocolate, water, or tea.
- Families and groups need to arrive no earlier than 6:40 p.m. and prepare to set-up and serve dinner by 7:00 p.m.
- Latex gloves are provided and need to be worn by all individuals handling food.
- If you would like to make breakfast bags for the following morning, please do so. We suggest breakfast bars, fruit, and bottled water or juice.